Ubuntu Cloud Computer
Initial SetupYou should now be running a server with Ubuntu Server 14.04. Once you're remotely logged in, you can execute these commands to prep the server.
- apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
- apt-get install nano
Install DesktopThe familiar desktops Unity and Gnome don't work without a display plugged in so the next best choice is Xfce which is like the Raspberry Pi desktop.
- apt-get install xfce4 xfce4-goodies tightvncserver
Configure AccountsFor each user you want to add, run adduser username. Each will have it's own desktop environment. If you'd like the user to be a full admin run usermod -a -G sudo username.
Configure VNCRepeat this process until all users are configured. Each user will have its own configuration.
- Run su username to change to the test user.
- Run vncserver -geometry 1440x900 and choose a password.
- Run nano ~/.vnc/xstartup and replace with this:
xrdb $HOME/.Xresources startxfce4 &
- chmod +x ~/.vnc/xstartup